A. The following extra boards shall be established to protect vacancies and other extra board work into or out of the Salina Hub or in the vicinity thereof. It is understood whether or not such boards are guaranteed boards is determined by the designated collective bargaining agreement. Further, nothing in this Agreement may be construed to require the continued maintenance of an extra board when there is insufficient work to justify its existence.
- Wichita One (1) Extra Board (combination conductor/brakeman/switchman) to protect all service at or in the vicinity of Wichita. This board will also protect the service between Wichita and Hutchinson via Herington.
- Hutchinson One extra board (combination conductor/brakeman/switchman) to protect all extra service at or in the vicinity of Hutchinson.
- Herington - One (1) Extra Board (combination conductor/brakeman) to protect all extra service at or in the vicinity of Herington including Hours of Service relief in any direction, subject to the specific provisions in Article I. This board will supplement the extra board at Hutchinson and, if none in existence, will protect Hutchinson extra service.
- Salina - No change from the June 27, 1997 Agreement.
- Oakley - One (1) Extra Board (combination conductor/brakeman) to protect all extra service in Zone 2. In the event it is exhausted, this board will be supplemented by the extra board at Salina.
B. If additional extra boards are established or abolished after the date of implementation of this Agreement, it shall be done pursuant to the terms of the designated collective bargaining agreement. When established, the Carrier shall designate the geographic area the extra board will cover.