- You will claim a basic day for each departure of the terminal switching limits after the first arrival-unless call sheet shows "multiple", then see Multiple (Rule 31) Claims.
- Trip Rate not Basic Day: Per Q&A #18 of the 2002 National Agreement, if dogcatching a train from a trip-rate pool, a trip rate is the appropriate claim.
- Federal Tie-Up (complete and accurate showing all work performed)
- Repeat for each terminal departures.
- A trip rate should be claimed in place of a basic day, if dogcatching a train from a trip-rated pool