III. Operational Consolidations
- All Hoisington-Horace and Council Grove-Hoisington pools shall be phased out and combined into one or two single-headed pools operating Salina Sharon Springs and Salina-Kansas City. Two Salina pools shall be maintained for at least six months and then may be combined upon ten (10) days written notice.
- The double-headed pool, Salina-Kansas City, shall become a single-headed pool but shall be maintained as currently operated until sufficient manpower is available at Salina in accordance with Article V, IMPLEMENTATION, of this Agreement. The double-headed pool Salina-Oakley shall become a single-headed Salina-Sharon Springs pool, but shall be maintained as double-headed until sufficient manpower is available at Salina. Until it becomes single-headed, the Oakley conductors shall be paid a driving allowance of 31.5 cents per mile for driving Oakley to Sharon Springs (104 miles round trip) to their on duty point. Those who currently receive an Ellis to Oakley driving allowance will continue to receive this allowance for thirty (30) days. However, if conductors assigned to the pool live at Ellis, they can elect to drive to Salina instead of Sharon Springs and shall be entitled to a driving allowance for the round trip miles Ellis to Salina for a period of thirty (30) days.
- The pools shall be slotted and Attachment "C" lists the slotting order for separate pools or one pool, if pools are combined. The six (6) slots for the 9th district employees shall be prior righted to all eight (8) employees who relocate from Kansas City.
B. Extra Boards
- Extra boards shall be maintained at Salina as long as traffic conditions warrant. The brakeman/yardman extra board shall be prior-righted and the Salina conductor extra board shall be filled off the common roster.
- The Salina conductor extra board will not become a common roster extra board until an additional position is added after implementation. MPUL employees must hold the positions in the MPUL pools, extra boards or locals prior to moving to positions at Salina as set forth in Article V, IMPLEMENTATION.
C. Other Operations
- All pool, local, yard, work train and road switcher operations shall be combined into a unified operation. UPED Salina employees in the Hub shall have prior rights to all non-pool freight regular assignments including assigned work trains at Salina.
- MPUL employees shall have prior rights to their existing work on the Pueblo line as long as it is operated. They shall also have prior rights to the Salina Hoisington local as provided in that agreement as long as it is operated. Conductor vacancies on this assignment shall be covered from the Salina common extra board after implementation and brakeman vacancies shall be covered by the brakeman/yardman extra board.
- Since Salina-Kansas City pool freight service will be home terminated at Salina, the Kansas City extra board crews will not be used as make up crews in this service. The Kansas City extra board shall continue to perform Hours of Service relief for eastbound Salina-Kansas City trains that lay down east of Junction City. This does not restrict other crews such as combination deadhead and service pool crews from performing this service.