Road Crew Hostling Power
(PLB #5912, Case#125, Award 125)
(SBA 18, Award 5978)
- WHEN CALLED OFF THE ROAD AND ARE INSTRUCTED TO HOSTLE POWER NOT IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR TRAIN WITHIN SWITCHING LIMITS AND APPROPRIATE HOSTLERS/YARDMEN WERE AVAILABLE.
- The penalty is for a 130 mile basic day as per PLB #5912, Case#125, Award 125.
- A copy of your Federal Tie-Up.
- Any switch list, track inquiry, train list, or BU that you can print and show the power you moved.
- A printed snap shot of the switchman’s extra board, showing first and second out available switchmen.
- Keep yard tracks with approximate main line mile posts, and times
- For cutting away, changing directions, etc.
- For moves entering, shoving, coming against other power/trains
- For coming back against your train.
- You can’t have too much documentation on these claims.
- If it doesn’t fit in the space allotted you, be sure to turn it in with your appeal to the union.
- Keep track of who/whom instructed you to perform the service (yardmaster’s or manager’s title and name)