- Vacancies caused by absence of regularly assigned conductors are to be covered by the protecting conductor extra boards.
- If stepped up, the proper penalty is for 65 miles and the difference in earnings from your regular assignment if you miss it as a result of stepping up. In most instances the 65 mile part of the claim is available on the available claims portion of the tie-up screen.
- If you are the senior available bidder to the conductor’s extra board and CMS chooses to step crews up instead of adding you to the board, you are entitled to a basic day penalty for each time a crew is stepped up.
- Call sheet or job history showing job called for.
- Information from your regular assignment (the board and turn #, who worked it, etc)
- If senior bidder and not picked up for extra board, you must print a copy of the permanent bid list showing you as senior bidder, as soon as you notice crews have been stepped up.
- snap shots showing all crews stepped up